There’s been a bit of buzz around ‘How To Build A Web App in Four Days For $10,000‘. Not everything is applicable to the kinds of projects I’d be involved in, but I really liked these points:
- The best boost you can give you or your team is to provide the time to be creative.
- You’ll come back to your current projects with a new perspective and renewed energy.
- It will push your team to learn new skills.
- Simplify the site and app as much as possible. Try launching with just ‘Home’, ‘Help’ and ‘About’.
- Make sure to build on a great framework
- Be technologically agnostic. If your developers are saying it should be built in a certain language and framework and they have solid reasons, trust them and move on.
- Coordinate how your designers and developers are going to work together.
- Get your ‘Creation Environment’ setup correctly. [See the original post for details]